Saturday, November 6, 2010

Sample Quiltastic!



My first patchwork class and my first quilt EVER MADE! (Note to self, put up projects in chronological order!)

This was a first introduction to patchwork and obviously, I was hooked. Some of the designs of the patches are a bit old fashioned but it was good to get to know the traditional designed and the techniques needed for them.

The Sun Bonnet Sue actually came out really cute in the end and is lovely for a baby or young girls quilt. I just rather the more mod design I think. This was also my first ever try at appliqué and I fear it was a bit of Sun Bonnet Sue massacre!! Never mind, she survived, ever if she has a few less finger on one hand than she had when I started! Ooops!

I actually cut the backing too small and had to do my (now signature) rescue job. As my teacher said to me "there's no such thing as a mistake, just a new design opportunity" which was true in this case as I really quite like the back now!

Enjoy,
hhd

No comments:

Post a Comment